Make sure to install the following first before proceeding:
1. Ruby - https://rubyinstaller.org
2. Node js - https://nodejs.org/en/
4. Git - https://git-scm.com/downloads
- Ruby has packages called gems. These packages are in https://rubygems.org. We can download and use each ruby gem instead of re-writing the code from scratch. Rails is a gem itself.
Execute gem install bundler
- Sqlite is the default database of rails. To install sqlite, execute gem install sqlite3
- Then install rails by executing gem install rails
- Now let’s create a new rails application.
- Go to your application, cd rails_app in my case and execute rails server.
- Check your app in the browser http://127.0.0.1:3000