So, let’s get this straight. Below are the steps on how to do it.
- I assume you have successfully deployed and have a working website in netlify. Your netlify URL will be something like safventure.netlify.app.
2.Login to your Go Daddy account and click your name located at the upper right corner. In the account section click My Products.
- Find your domain in Domains section and click Manage DNS.
- In the DNS Management > Records, add the following
Type Name Value A @ 188.8.131.52 CNAME www your-netlify-site.netlify.app
- Next, go to your Netlify account then from site settings, click Domain Management. Then, go to Domain Settings page. On the HTTPS section, click the "Verify DNS Configuration". If everything was set up right, Netlify should connect to the custom domain and you'll see the message "Waiting on DNS propagation".
- Once HTTPS is enabled, it will look like this.It will take 24-48 hours for page to be propagated and changes to take full effect globally.
7.After that, instead of accessing your website thru .netlify.app, you can access your webiste using the domain name you bought from go daddy.